which krb5 PAM module on Solaris 8?

Tim Alsop Tim.Alsop at CyberSafe.Ltd.UK
Mon Aug 4 12:06:03 EDT 2003

Brian,

I agree with you. This is what I always recommend to clients.

Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Davidson [mailto:bdavids1 at gmu.edu]
Sent: 04 August 2003 16:47
To: kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Re: which krb5 PAM module on Solaris 8?

Why not use nsswitch for authorization?  I'm assuming it's available on Solaris since Sun developed it (I don't have any Solaris boxes at the moment).  Basically all password file lookups are redirected to LDAP via nss_ldap.  It seems to me that authentication is best left to PAM, while authorization is better handled by a hook into the system calls that are used for authorization (i.e. what nsswitch does).

Brian