Adding password changing code to openssh

James F.Hranicky jfh at cise.ufl.edu
Mon Apr 21 13:51:10 EDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:44:57 -0400
"James F.Hranicky" <jfh at cise.ufl.edu> wrote:

> IOW, the return code indicates the password change succeeded, but the
> code string indicated it did not. Upon trying to log in again, the old
> password still works, indicating the change did not really happen, despite
> the expiration date being cleared.

Uh, oops -- looks like I found the problem. I had this:

	prompts[i].reply->data = xstrdup(context_krb5.responses[i]);

when I should've had this:

	strlcpy(prompts[i].reply->data, context_krb5.responses[i],
	        prompts[i].reply->length);

as prompts[i].reply->data is already allocated :->

Preliminarily, my prompter patch for openssh is now working. Yay.

Jim