kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface

RCU nemesis at icequake.no_spam.net
Sat Apr 19 15:36:12 EDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 02:41:56 -0500, RCU wrote:

> Authenticating as principal kadmin/admin at REALM.COM with password. Enter
> password:
> kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface

I found out the problem.  Apparently the kvno for the kadmin/admin was out
of sync with the /etc/krb5/kadm5.keyfile.  I deleted and recreated the
kadmin/admin user and the keyfile, and ktadd'd him along with the
kadmin/changepw, and everything is fine now.