Question about ASN.1 DER OBJECT IDENTIFIER

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 4 20:18:32 EST 2003

"Vucenovic, Sasa" <svucenovic at incognito.com> writes:
> I am using Kerberos 5 ASN.1 library for the purposes of ASN.1 DER
> encoding/decoding. More specifically, I need to encode/decode ASN.1
> primitive OBJECT IDENTIFIER but I can't seem to find methods in krb5 to do
> that. Could you please let me know if such functionality exists in Kerberos
> 5 ?

The MIT implementation's ASN.1 code is not intended to be completely
general-purpose, or used directly by application code.  There is a
good chance we may change the implementation and interfaces, and on
systems where we limit the set of exported symbols from the library
(Windows and Mac OS X currently, maybe more UNIX systems later), we
don't export these symbols and don't intend to.

That said, if you just need to throw something together using the
current MIT Kerberos code on a system where all the symbols are
exported, you could look at asn1_encode_oid and asn1_decode_oid in
lib/krb5/asn.1/asn1_encode.c and asn1_decode.c respectively.

Ken