krb5_get_init_creds_password code question

Marcus Watts mdw at umich.edu
Thu Apr 3 01:54:38 EST 2003

scottt35 at hotmail.com (Scott T.) writes:

> In the following code segment, pw1 and chpw_cred are never used. What gives? -Scott

You're right, they're not used.  Where did this code come from?

The ancestor of this code appears to be
	krb5/src/lib/krb5/krb/gic_pwd.c
and what I think is the 20021102 snapshot and (as best I can tell) all
previous releases including 1.2.1, 1.2,5, and all the way back to
19980604 which is the oldest snapshot I have handy, the 2 variables you
mentioned are used for handling doing an automatic password change if
the password has expired (KRB5KDC_ERR_KEY_EXP).

I can only guess that in the code you have, somebody hacked this out
and failed to clean up all the cruft.  Is this code actually direct
from MIT?  I suppose it's possible they have decided to put this logic
elsewhere...

If this is important to you, then you can obviously clean that up (and
remove pw1array also).

For future reference, it is probably useful to identify what version &
file you're talking about, when you post code frags like this.

					-Marcus Watts
					UM ITCS Umich Systems Group