Win logon to a MIT Kerberos V KDC?

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Mon Sep 30 11:38:46 EDT 2002

>> You will need to execute a non-disclosure agreement before they will
>> disclose the licensing terms.
>
>Which means you/we can't use them to something OpenSource if I'm not
>mistaken(?).

Probably, I haven't seen the license schedule, so I don't know (and I
couldn't tell you if I had).

>> >And 'integrated directory backend'. Couldn't that be a OpenLDAP2
>> >server tied with Kerberos (the way openldap2+heimdal combo does it)?
>>
>> What, the one we wrote? :-)
>
>Yeah. Now, how about doing that for MIT Kerberos as well? :)

Last time I looked into it, the MIT backend API was nowhere near as simple
as Heimdal's. So, we are very unlikely to do so.

>> More information on our implementation is at:
>>
>> 	http://www.padl.com/Research/XAD.html
>
>Looks like it's almost complete!? Any informations on how to replace
>(completely?) a 'M$ Active Directory server' with 'something OpenSource'?

Nothing apart from the information at the URL above.

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com