Win logon to a MIT Kerberos V KDC?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Thu Sep 26 13:11:01 EDT 2002

    John> I don't know if you're aware of this utility, and forgive me
    John> if I'm speaking the obvious, but this is on the Win2K cd-rom
    John> (extract /support/tools/support.cab) .  It's called ksetup.
    John> It will have the machine log into a realm using a MIT
    John> Kerberos V kdc (however, I don't know exactly if it uses
    John> kerbV tickets or defaults to kerbIV).

I know, that's what I've been using. I had some problems with it at
first, but then I think I got it right...

    John> The option will be
    John> presented at the login screen: realm/localmachine.  I don't
    John> know the registry hack to uninstall it, so you might be on
    John> your own with that.

I found it. It's the branch

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Domains

    John> I attached  some brief instructions and  the utility.  Use
    John> this on a machine you consider "expendable."

Thanx, but that's what I've been doing.
--
iodine president Nazi Delta Force SDI Khaddafi Mossad
counter-intelligence FSF quiche supercomputer South Africa Kennedy CIA