password dictionary ignored

Jason jason.calvert at abbott.com
Thu Sep 26 10:55:29 EDT 2002

Well I have set up a krb5.dict file with one three lines in it as
follows:
===========
test
testme
testmeyes
===========
when I use kpasswd or kadmin with cpw and try a password of test for
my test user, it allows the password change with no complaints!?!

To check if it was loading the file I renamed it and sure enough got a
compliant  from kadmind that the file could not be found.

Is my dict file in the right format?  The source said one string per
line.

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Jason

here is my krb5.conf sym linked on this machine to my krb.conf:
===========

[logging]
 default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
 kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
 default_keytab_name = /etc/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
 default_realm = ABC.GPRD.ABBOTT.COM
 default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
 default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
 permitted_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
 kdc_timesync = 1
 ccache_type = 4
 forwardable = true
 proxiable = true
 ticket_lifetime = 24000
 dns_lookup_realm = false
 dns_lookup_kdc = false

[realms]
 ABC.GPRD.ABBOTT.COM = {
  kdc = abcldap01.abc.gprd.abbott.com:88
  admin_server = abcldap01.abc.gprd.abbott.com:749
  default_domain = abc.gprd.abbott.com
  dict_file = /etc/krb5kdc/kadm5.dict
 }

[domain_realm]
 .abc.gprd.abbott.com = ABC.GPRD.ABBOTT.COM
 abc.gprd.abbott.com = ABC.GPRD.ABBOTT.COM