Books on kerberos

Rod Smith rodsmith at rodsmith.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 23 16:23:54 EDT 2002

In article <tx1heggslew.fsf at mit.edu>,
	raeburn at mit.edu (Ken Raeburn) writes:
> See also "Network Security: Private Communication in a Public World"
> (2nd ed), by Charlie Kaufman, Radia Perlman, and Mike Speciner.
> Chapters 13 and 14 cover Kerberos versions 4 and 5 in around 60 pages
> or so.

Since people are mentioning chapters in books with a broader focus, I
might as well mention my own latest: _Advanced Linux Networking_
(Addison-Wesley, 2002, ISBN 0-201-77423-2). Chapter 6 covers Kerberos
in about 30 pages, focusing on Kerberos 5 (Kerberos 4 is mentioned, but
not described in any detail). I've got a Web page on the book with a
chapter listing and general description:

http://www.rodsbooks.com/adv-net/

Rod Smith, rodsmith at rodsbooks.com
http://www.rodsbooks.com
Author of books on Linux, networking, & multi-OS configuration