Installing SEAM on Solaris 8

foto@hush.com foto at hush.com
Mon Sep 23 15:02:40 EDT 2002

I have several Solaris 8 systems that are current with respect to all applicable patches.

I need to install SEAM and the necessary encryption pack componenets that offer data encryption on these systems.

In the lab, I installed the software on a similar system and had problems.  The only way I was able to get things working was to "force" some of the Kerberos related patches (109223-02, 109805-11, 112237-05 and 112390-05) to install (patchadd -u) after installing SEAM and the encryption pack components.

This doesn't really seem clean to me.  Is there a better way?

foto