OpenSSH and GSSAPI patch

Marc syn_uw at NOSPAM_hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:26:22 EDT 2002

Hello,

I was using successfully OpenSSH 3.1p1 with the GSSAPI/MIT patches from
www.swx.org to authenticate to a w2k server. Now I want to install the
latest version of OpenSSH which is 3.4p3 and so I patched it using again
the GSSAPI patch and used the MIT kerberos v1.2.5 libraries but now I
have a minor problem:

To be able to ssh onto the SSHD server which is Kerberos enabled I need
before to do a kinit else it's impossible to login. Before with OpenSSH
3.1p1 I could simply enter my passwords and it would work. What did
change, how can I get this feauture back again so that in case i didn't
do a kinit it will accept the password from prompt ?

Many thanks

Regards