Kerberos and Solaris 8

Wyllys Ingersoll wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com
Fri Sep 13 08:12:47 EDT 2002

This means it cannot find the hostname for your kdc by looking in
the /etc/krb5/krb5.conf file.  SEAM wants the krb5.conf
file in its own directory (/etc/krb5/) whereas MIT expects it to be
just another file in the "/etc" directory, so make sure you have your
config files in the right place.

Do you have an entry like this in /etc/krb5/krb5.conf:
[realms]
     MYREALM.COM = {
            kdc = mykdc.myrealm.com
            admin_server = mykdc.myrealm.com
      }

Also, make sure that in your local /etc/hosts file, you have
the fully qualified name of the local system listed first.  Kerberos
can be picky about hostnames, its best to use the fully qualified
names when creating host principals.

-Wyllys