service name? key versions?

Rick mail at url.WORLDWIDEDNS.net
Tue Sep 10 15:32:28 EDT 2002

I believe I see my misunderstanding.

This also explains why gss-server/gss-client doesn't work on my client
machine after adding svc/host.abc.com to its keytab file.  I was specifying
the same password as when I created the account.

I ftp'd the servers' keytab to my client and it worked fine.

This does bring a practical question to mind.  Would I normally create a
keytab file with just the entry for a particular service and transfer it to
the service host?  Does the admin keytab on the kdc need them for any
reason?

Thanks in advance

news:20020910174107.GC948 at dodds.net...