"Unknown code 69" running Solaris 9 kadmin

Sarah D ebenezer94 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 28 20:46:14 EST 2002

Thanks to Wyllys for helping to eliminate this message as not relevant
to my kadmin problem:

krb5kdc: Unknown code 2 - snk4 finding the enctype and key
<me/admin/SNK4 at SOLARIS9.COM>

By removing my /etc/krb5/kadm5.keytab file and re-extracting the
kadmin/fqdn at REALM and changepw/fqdn at REALM principals to a new
kadm5.keytab file, I was able to get rid of the rest of the errors and
successfully get into kadmin. (I'm not sure what was wrong with the
first file.)

Thanks to everyone for your attention and input.

Sarah