I can´t map users on Windows 2000

User lists clopmz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 04:17:26 EDT 2002

Hi all,

  I have installed a KDC unix server. I have created
all entries on the kerberos database (users, servers,
etc) like kerberos MIT documentation says. Then, I
have created one entry for Windows 2000 Server, and I
execute the following commands on the Windows 2000
Server:

ksetup /setdomain MYDOMAIN.ORG
ksetup /addkdc MYDOMAIN.ORG myserver.mydomain.org
ksetup /setmachpassword password

After reboot, I execute this commands:

ksetup /mapuser ntadmin at MYDOMAIN.ORG Administrator
ksetup /mapuser * *

But when I want to login on the Kerberos domain,
Windows 2000 refuse the login. In the server logs I
see this: "Couldn´t get ticket for
Administrator at MYDOMAIN.ORG, user doesn´t exists".
Why Windows try to authenticate with
Administrator at MYDOMAIN.ORG if I previously map this
user ??? What I do wrong???

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.