gssapi sample application error

Fahd Elbouchikhi Fahd at TeamF1.com
Tue Oct 22 17:56:10 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to run the sample gssapi client/server applications.
I am running a 1.2.3 KDC, along with the corresponding sample
apps.  I get the following error when the client attempts to connect
to the server,

>GSS-API error accepting context: Miscellaneous failure
>GSS-API error accepting context: Encryption type not permitted

Any suggestions on why this would happen, and how to set the
encryption type to something acceptable to both KDC and sample
apps.  If the sample apps and KDC in 1.2.5 are in sync, i can use
them if you think it would solve the problem.

Thank you.

Fahd