Get a Kerberos V5 TGT with GSS-API

Christian cgregoir99 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 08:18:32 EDT 2002

Hello guys,

At first, I posted this to comp.security.gss-api, but when looking at the
current posts it holds, i guess it has nothing to do with it any longer ...

So here is my question : is there a way to get a Kerberos V5 TGT with
GSS-API ?

I'm playing with gss-server and gss-client examples and by default, kinit
must have been run prior to gss-client. I'd like to acquire the TGT in the C
code of gss-client, using GSS-API anf not K5 APIs if possible.

Or applications shouldn't be responsible for that, that is, TGT being
acquired when logging in ? But what happens when it expires ?

Thanks in advance.

Christian.