Combined LDAP/KDC for AD 'compat' (Was: Win logon to a MIT Kerberos V KDC?)

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 8 15:19:44 EDT 2002

    Turbo> How long did it take you (and 'your' crew) to do this?
    Turbo> Design not included (man hours that is)?

    Turbo> I don't know if I have the knowledge or time to do
    Turbo> something similar for MIT (I can't switch to Heimdal now
    Turbo> unfortunatly) so I call to anyone interested in adding this
    Turbo> for MIT Kerberos to either do it themselfs, or at least
    Turbo> help out. The more interested the less will my inability
    Turbo> matter :)

Note that MIT's current position is that we will not accept changes to
store the database in an LDAP schema, as we believe this is not really
what most users want once they have examined the problem but is what
most users think they want before they consider things carefully.

However we would be very interested in evaluating code that provided a
way to use LDAP to administer an MIT database especially if that code
were something that someone could eventually use to build AD interop.