Win logon to a MIT Kerberos V KDC?

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Mon Oct 7 10:36:17 EDT 2002

Em Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 06:01:06AM +1000, Luke Howard escreveu:
> Well, why don't you just use Heimdal? Unless you are a vendor with
> an existing investment in MIT Kerberos, I would not expect this to
> be a major problem; you can still keep your MIT clients. :-)

Unfortunately there are interoperability problems between MIT and Heimdal, Olaf Kirch
fixed/addressed one of these problems recently. Try:
- MIT KDC
- openssh with GSSAPI patches on a heimdal machine
- ssh client on a MIT machine

You won't be able to login via openssh on that machine, you will get
and error and a segfault (server side).