Kerberos for Wireless LAN

Shri Lohia Shri.Lohia at usica.com
Fri Oct 4 19:10:00 EDT 2002

Dear Kerberos experts,

I have recently started working on a project to bring Kerberos based
security for wireless clients (Microsoft Windows), Access Points (VxWorks)
using 802.1X standard. I am looking for suggestions and pointers to develop
the client (supplicant) and Authenticator (AP) software.

I have learned about Kerberos from various technical papers and
documentation from MIT and other places, and experimented with Kerberos
client and KDC on a Linux system. I have glanced/reviewed documentation
related to EAP-GSS, GSSAPI, IAKERB, WINDOWS 802.1x, EAP-TLS related
documents from Microsoft June 2002. The closest information I am looking for
is summarized  in a few slides in Jesse Walker, Intel, Power Point
Presentation IEEE 802.15-01/154. As I am new to all of these standards, many
times I am confused about designing and implementing the solution.

If you are working on a similar project, I shall appreciate your sharing the
information - suggestions, pointers to documents, tips, hints, approaches,
code etc.

Thank you.

Shri Lohia
USI Inc.