Win logon to a MIT Kerberos V KDC?

Clint Chaplin cchaplin at sj.symbol.com
Wed Oct 2 17:58:45 EDT 2002

Read that log again carefully.  It's saying that the >client< time is 1989, not the server time...

Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin

>>> "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> 10/2/02 13:59:03 >>>
OK I think I've found a problem.  I found out how to enable logging
on the Win2k sid and got:

The function LogonUser received a Kerberos Error Message:
         on logon session NODOMAIN.ORG\tmh
 Client Time: 13:30:11.0000 11/2/1989 Z
 Server Time: 20:49:3.0000 10/2/2002 (null)
 Error Code: 0x19 KDC_ERR_PREAUTH_REQUIRED
 Client Realm: NODOMAIN.ORG
 Client Name: tmh
 Server Realm: NODOMAIN.ORG
 Server Name: krbtgt/NODOMAIN.ORG
 Target Name: krbtgt/NODOMAIN.ORG at NODOMAIN.ORG
 Error Text: NEEDED_PREAUTH
 File:
 Line:
 Error Data is in record data.

That's one hell of a time difference...  The Win2k server thinks it's
1989!

Now I need to sync the Win2k kerberos client with the rest of Win2k -
obviously it's not automatic.  The Win2k clock is correct & synced with
win32time.  Any ideas on how to do this?

Tony