krb5_get_in* routines

Mike Friedman mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Nov 26 14:24:46 EST 2002

On Tue Nov 26 10:17:34 2002, Sam Hartman said:

> krb5_get_in_* routines are old and do not deal properly with
> preauthentication.

As long as we're discussing this, can someone tell me if MIT has
written documentation for the newer '..creds' routines?  Many years
ago, I wrote some code that is now being used here in production.  But
that code uses the old 'krb5_get_in_*' routines and, although they
seem to work OK even with a current version of MIT K5 (krb5-1.2.5),
at some point I might want to update them.  I'd appreciate at least the
kind of documentation that was produced for the older stuff.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike Friedman                             System and Network Security
mikef at ack.Berkeley.EDU                    2484 Shattuck Avenue
1-510-642-1410                            University of California at Berkeley
http://ack.Berkeley.EDU/~mikef            http://security.berkeley.edu