Error on call to SSPI function AcquireCredentialsHandle

Christian cgregoir99 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 12:31:48 EST 2002

"Christian" <cgregoir99 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3dd0b1e6$0$12227$4d4eb98e at read.news.fr.uu.net...
> "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
> news:pan.2002.11.09.22.13.51.341635 at nodomain.org...
> > On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 17:56:19 +0100, Christian wrote:
> >

> > > Now, when calling AcquireCredentialsHandle in my SSPI application (
> > > AcquireCredentialsHandle( NULL, "Kerberos", SECPKG_CRED_OUTBOUND,
NULL,
> > > NULL, NULL, NULL, &cred_handle, &expiry  );
> > > ), I get :
> > > SEC_E_NO_CREDENTIALS : Error in AcquireCredentialsHandle: No
credentials
> are
> > > available in the security package
> > >
> > You get this if you're not logged into an Active Directory.  If you're
> > only logged into an MIT domain you can only be a client
> > (SECPKG_CRED_INBOUND) not a server.
> >
> > Tony
> >

> Indeed, i log on locally, not into the AD. I'm gonna try that way and i'll
> let you know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Christian.

OK, my AD Win2K server went down so I now use a Linux MIT KDC.
AcquireCredentialsHandle now works fine and InitializeSecurityContext
returns SEC_I_CONTINUE_NEEDED. So far so good.

One thing though : do you mean that being logged into an MIT domain implies
that only SSPI client applications can be run, not server apps ?

Christian.