ticket lifetimes

Derek Yarnell derek at cs.umd.edu
Mon May 20 17:42:58 EDT 2002

I can't seem to increase my ticket lifetimes.

I changed both my princ (derek at CS.UMD.EDU) and the tgt/CS.UMD.EDU
to have max lifetimes of 48hours using kadmin

I haved added,

   max_life = 48h 0m 0s
   max_renewable_life = 21d 0h 0m 0s

to my kdc.conf and restarted all the deamons on all the kdc's.

I have changed the kdc.conf to

[libdefaults]
  ticket_lifetime = 2880

Even tried,

	kinit -l 48hours

And it doesn't work, what am I missing here..

I did try this, removed the default life from libdefaults in krb5.conf.
I can get a two hour ticket if i do a kinit -l 48hours but if I just do
a kinit i only get the 10 hour.

How can I make 48 hours default for everything..