.__eprintf in libgssapi_krb5.a

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri May 17 20:04:22 EDT 2002

Dan Million <lio at ornl.gov> writes:

> Hi.  I'm linking a program to libgssapi_krb5.a, which has worked before,
> but now I'm getting an unresolved symbol called .__eprintf, which is
> being referenced in the init_sec_context module of the library (in
> make_ap_req_v2, I think).  I did a "strings" command on
> libgssapi_krb5.a, and .__eprintf shows up there, but it isn't in the
> list of global symbols available from the library.

Are you using gcc to link your application?

At least with older versions of gcc, if you use gcc to build the library,
you also need to use gcc to link the application (or you have to figure
out how to link the application with libgcc).  The library may contain
unresolved references to gcc helper functions.

I believe the most notable example of this, eprintf, is gone in current
versions of gcc, but there are still other examples of this that aren't
encountered as frequently.