Switching to ccache v4?

Nicolas.Williams@ubsw.com Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com
Fri May 17 16:45:26 EDT 2002

A daemon approach would facilitate interesting features, such as:

 - the daemon can know how to prompt the user in order to fetch
   new creds when the ones it has expire
 - the daemon could "proxy" the ccache over to the user's
   initial point of login so that the daemon itself has no TGT
   and TGT forwarding is not necessary instead being replaced
   with ticket proxying

The daemon can be changed at any time to implement interesting
features like these; the shared memory approach would require
changes to libkrb5 to implement such features.

Shared memory would do, yes. But then, why bother with CCAPI?
What's the difference between using shmget(), or open()/mmap()
to get to a ccache and plain open()?

Nico
--

related financial instruments.