FQDN needed by sasl_gss_client_step or gss_import_name?

Dave Snoopy kingsnoopy7 at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 13:45:06 EDT 2002

I don't know too much about this, but perhaps I should
mention that when my ldap client gave its error, it
hadn't yet done anything with the KDC/PDC besides
requesting the supported SASL types (I did a network
trace on all ports with my KDC/PDC). In other words,
this was a totally internal Kerberos error, and not a
problem with it finding a host on the network.

Just wanted to make that clear. It doesn't impact your
conversation, but could it mean that my problem may be
of a different nature? My IT manager is not about to
change his DNS entries for me. Does this mean that
I'll have to edit the Kerberos code somehow to make it
do what I need?

Thanks,
Dave

--- Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com>