.__eprintf in libgssapi_krb5.a

Dan Million lio at hpss1.ccs.ornl.gov
Fri May 17 12:03:23 EDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> I have used GCC-2.95.2 on Solaris, HP, AIX, Linux, SGI with
> Kerberos 1.2.3 and previous version. I dont hav a problem
> with --eprintf. But do recall in the past seeing some e-mail
> on asert. and libgcc.
>
> Can you be more specific about what is failing?

Well, as I said, I'm trying to link a program to libgssapi_krb5.a, a
static library.  The last time this program was linked was with an older
KRB5 release which I had built with xlc.  This time, the link failed,
saying it could not resolve the symbol .__eprintf from init_sec_context.o
in libgssapi_krb5.a.

I had built Kerberos with gcc 3.0.4.  The only reason I used gcc last time
instead of xlc is that some function prototypes got broken (as far as AIX
is concerned) in release 1.2.3.

Dan