kerberos, ssh, and solaris8

Steve Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Thu May 16 14:00:22 EDT 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 08:51:41PM -0400, Suchun.Wu at bmo.com wrote:

> Do you mean the module called "pam_krb5_migrate"? I'm really anxious to
> make it work. I would try it if it works for you. I'm sure I understand
> what you said:
> "download the pam_krb5 module via cvs". Please give out more detailed
> specification.

pam_krb5_migrate is a stackable module that only provides (as the name
suggests) a migration path to Kerberos -- it does not provide
Kerberos authentication services.  The module you're looking for is indeed
called 'pam_krb5', and should be downloaded from sourceforge using cvs
using the commands listed in the original message.  If you don't have cvs
on your system, perhaps someone else who uses Solaris will be able to tell
you where to find it.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer