MIT kadm5 client Perl extension

Andrew J. Korty ajk at waterspout.com
Tue May 14 13:14:19 EDT 2002

Sam Hartman <hartmans at mit.edu> writes:

>     Andrew> I've written a Perl XS module interface to the MIT
>     Andrew> kadm5clnt library.  Working as a companion to
>     Andrew> Authen::Krb5, it currently supports authenticating to
>     Andrew> kadmin using a password or cached credentials, most of the
>     Andrew> principal modification commands, and policies.  It doesn't
>     Andrew> support keysalt tuples yet.
>
> I'm very interested in this as an individual; here I don't speak for
> the Kerberos team.

When I get it packaged up, I'll let you see.  If you're a more
seasoned XS programmer (likely!), maybe you can find all the bugs. :-)

> I'm a bit curious how you should deal with the need for k5-int.h.  I'd
> love to package this up for Debian and to be able to point random
> people at it.  However I'd need to find a work around for that
> problem.  I realize it's MIT's problem not yours, but it really does
> need to get dealt with.

My approach is pretty sloppy--I just package my own header file,
containing only what I need, with the Perl module.  It also contains
stuff from admin.h, which is not installed by default.

--
Andrew J. Korty
Waterspout Communications