kerberos, ssh, and solaris8

Suchun.Wu@bmo.com Suchun.Wu at bmo.com
Thu May 9 13:55:00 EDT 2002

Hi,

Sometime back I sent the following email to the list. Some one think it's a
bug with kerberos. I wonder that with new release Kerberos v.1.2.5, the
problem can be solved?

Thanks for your helps,

Suchun

--------- Previous email to the list -----
Hello,

I just compiled SSH v3.1.0p1 with the GSSAPI and opnessh patches included
on a Solaris 8 box. It works
fine, well I get my password authenticated by the KDC on a W2K box. But I
have
remarked that my credential cache in /tmp directory is owned by the root.
Is it correct? I also remarked that
I cannot log on the box when my previous login seesion is not closed.

When I tried to change my password by using kpasswd. I got the following
error messages:

./kpasswd: Credentials cache permissions incorrect getting principal from
ccache

Any help on this is very appreciated.

Suchun