root login

Sylvain Robitaille syl at alcor.concordia.ca
Wed May 8 09:05:08 EDT 2002

On Wed, 08 May 2002 08:30:43 +0200, Marc wrote:

> ... I was sort of planning the worst case scenario, like: what do
> I do if my KDC just crashed ?

The master or the slave?  You do have a slave KDC, of course...  ;-)

> THen I will need to reboot the Linux into single user mode simply to
> enter to my system :((

If the KDC is on the Linux system in question, then presumably it's the
only service on there, so nothing is lost by doing that, but you of
course have a chicken-and-egg problem (unless you leave ctrl-alt-del
setup to reboot the machine, which I don't)...  Solution?  Make sure you
have a slave KDC.

I hope that helps...

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl at alcor.concordia.ca

Systems analyst                                   Concordia University
Instructional & Information Technology        Montreal, Quebec, Canada