Windows 2000 - DCE Security Server

Oliver Winkelmann winkeol at uni-muenster.de
Wed May 8 05:49:52 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm running an MIT KDC server on LINUX and I can get
tickets from it with my windows XP workstation. Also
I have set up a trust relationship between a windows
2000 domain and the MIT Kerberos realm. I have used
a tool 'sspi_workbench' on my XP workstation in the MIT
Kerberos realm to get tickets from the windows KDC
and it works.
Now I would like to use a DCE Security Server as
a KDC. I've read that the DCE 1.2.2 Security Server
can act as a Kerberos KDC but I have not found
informations to configure the DCE KDC for
windows XP/2000 Kerberos clients.
Is it enough to edit /.../cell/principal and
hosts/hostname/self ? How I have to use rgy_edit and/or dcecp
to configure the database for the windows clients ?
In my tests with IBM DCE 1.2.2 I get only the information
'client not found in kerberos database (dce /krb)'.
I have used microsoft's network monitor to investigate
the UDP packets between windows XP and AIX/DCE.
In some articles I have read that microsoft has
developed a special Kerberos parser DLL. Does anybody
know where I can get this DLL for the Network Monitor?

Thanks in advance !