error while compiling Pam Kerberos module

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 29 14:48:49 EST 2002

Srinivas Cheruku <csri at sonata-software.com> writes:
> I have downloaded pam_krb5-1.1.3.tar.gz module from
> ftp://ftp.dementia.org/pub/pam
> I am using Solaris 2.6 and MIT Kerberos 1.2.2.
>
> But when i give make command i am getting errors as
> In the Makefile, i have changed
> # Set these parameters!!
> KRBINCLUDE=-I/mitkrb5/include
> KRBLIB=/mitkrb5/lib
> KRBSOURCE=/export/home/srinivas/krb5-1.2.2/src
> SECUREDIR=/usr/lib/security

I assume there's probably a reason the PAM module wants to look at
internal headers from the Kerberos tree, but really my initial
reaction on seeing this is to turn around and run in the other
direction....

> I have changed -I$(KRBSOURCE)/include/kadm5 to -I$(KRBSOURCE)/lib, since
> there is no kadm5 directory in KRBSOURCE/include. It is in KRBSOURCE/lib.
> After changing the makefile, i am getting the error as follows.

It looks like they're also assuming you've done a build in that tree.
The include/kadm5 and include/gssrpc directories and some of the
"_err.h" files are created during the build process, and in the build
tree.  If you're doing a build someplace other than in your source
tree, you'll need a bunch more -I options to cover both trees.

Ken