Possible problem with MIT krb5 1.2.4 and MS keytabs

David Bailey D.Bailey at Bristol.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 08:26:09 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a krb5 problem or a feature in the krb5 for AFS kit
but I thought I'd ask here for starters.

I've managed to get krb524d running on win2k using just the keytab option.
The keytab has been generated from an active directory account using
Microsoft'd ktpass utility. It seems that krb524d only returns a kvno of 0
from the keytab file (which caused me a lot of head scratching), even though
the key in the keytab has a non-zero kvno. Could this be related to the
recent changes to handle 32 bit key numbers?

Cheers,
    Dave