Changing default ticket lifetime

Fabian Aichele faichele at primusnetz.de
Tue Mar 26 11:23:44 EST 2002

Hello!

I installed and configured MIT Kerberos V without problems, and so far
it works quite well. Just one problem remains: When creating my realm
with kdb5_util, I accepted the default ticket lifetime of 10 hours.
For security reasons this may be fine, but I'd like to increase it
nevertheless. Changing the
max_lifetime in my kdc.conf doesn't have any effect. I increased the
ticket lifetimes of my user's principals as well, and I restarted the
Kerberos daemons after changes to the configuration files.
So, what am I missing?
I'd appreciate any hint or tip!

Regards,
Fabian Aichele