Problems with interoperability among Kerberos MIT 5 and Win2K

Zdenek Hatas zdenek_hatas at hp.com
Mon Mar 25 03:55:33 EST 2002

Hi,

I successfuly tested this issue.
You have to process following steps:
on MS w2k DC(W2K.TEST.REALM):
1. set trust to your MIT KDC
2. set mapping for users which are being autenticated to your MIT KDC

on MIT KDC(TEST.REALM) do:
1. recompile with a referral patch from
CITI(http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/kwc/krb5stuff/referral.html)
2. in database create krbtgt/W2K.TEST.REALM at TEST.REALM (with the same
password as typed in MS 'trust' dialog on W2k DC)

on client side:
1. get 'ksetup' tool( it resides on MS resourcekit CD, I think)
2. with ksetup do:
 ksetup /setdomain TEST.REALM
 ksetup /addkdc TEST.REALM kdc.test.realm
3. look into registry and search for
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Kerberos\Domains\TEST.REALM
 - add 'RealmFlags = 8' key key type is REG_DWORD

Now, it could be possible to authenticate to MIT and use services in
your W2k domain.
(You could see your MIT realm in 'domain list' in logon dialog).
I hope, I didn't forget anything. :-))

Zdenek Hatas

news:Pine.A41.4.05.10201111533360.22842-100000 at saigon.cpd.ufsm.br...