OpenSSH won't store credentials

Someone please at nospam.net
Mon Mar 25 02:34:09 EST 2002

Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> Nicolas Williams (Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com) wrote:
> : Yes, it's possible, and you don't need Simon's OpenSSH/GSS patches to do
> : this. IIRC OpenSSH has this as a builtin feature (you may need Simon's
> : OpenSSH MIT/Heimdal compat patches for that to work).
>
> You will. There's also a bug that I've just discovered in the most recent
> patch that stops it from working (the user's credentials go into a
> memory ccache which is never copied onto the file system). I'm currently
> testing a fix.

Oh ok so that's exactly that bug which is affecting me. Can you let me
know or let know the people in comp.protocols.kerberos when a fix is
available ? Hey btw: are you the Simon of www.swx.org.uk ?

> : But you can also
> : use OpenSSH with PAM and a PAM_KRB5 module, if you have PAM (and a
> : suitable PAM_KRB5 module).
>
> I'd strongly recommend using PAM if you can.

I wanted to use it unfortunately pam_krb5 won't compile on Slackware Linux.

Thanks for your help

Regards