OpenSSH won't store credentials

Simon Wilkinson sxw at dcs.ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 22 13:35:57 EST 2002

Someone (please at nospam.net) wrote:

:  > klist -5
: klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:)
:  > kinit
: kinit(v5): No credentials cache found when initializing cache

Can you let me know what the KRB5CCNAME environment variable is set
to on the server. It looks like it may be set to a null or bogus string.

: This is quite annoying and I really don't know why OpenSSH doesn't store
: my credentials. I even installed a UNIX KDC, thinking that it would be
: windows 2000 who is playing nasty tricks with me but it doesn't look like.

: Any help would really be appreciated, it could be that I forgot
: something or I am missing something. If you need more infos like config
: files just let me know.