SSH with Kerberos 5 GSSAPI

Someone please at nospam.net
Fri Mar 22 07:26:47 EST 2002

Srinivas Cheruku wrote:

> from the log
> debug1: Miscellaneous failure
> debug1: Server not found in Kerberos database
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received
>
> "Server not found in the Kerberos Database".
> Did you create the service principal for the host and extracted that to the
> keytable on that host.
>
> while connecting using ssh give the fqdn of the hostname
> $ssh hostname.domain
>
> It should work. Still if it does'nt work then check the KDC log and see
> which service principal it is trying to look at.

Ok so my problem is on the server somehow as it looks. For the
principals the only principal that I created is the host principal
(host/hostname.domain.com at REALM). Do I need anything else for principals
then ?

On the KDC (unfortunately a Win2k AD KDC) I don't see anything special
except pre-authentication failed (next message in this newsgroup). I
know it's crazy using microsoft as KDC but we have to do it like that ;(

Thanks for all your help.