Problems using Kerberos telnet

Someone please at nospam.net
Thu Mar 21 10:51:21 EST 2002

Marcio d'Avila Scheibler wrote:

>>No it wasn't so I did a kinit -f and then tryed the following:
>>
>>$./telnet -a localhost
>>Trying 127.0.0.1...
>>Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
>>Escape character is '^]'.
>>telnetd: Authorization failed.
>>Connection closed by foreign host.
>>

> Try "telnet -a -x -f hostname".
> By using "kinit -f" you just gets a forwardable ticket.
>
> With telnet "-f" option you say telnet client to really forward
> your credentials to telnet server.
>
> p.s. I'm not sure but I think I had problems with
> "telnet -options localhost". Maybe - besides
> procedures above - you should use canonical hostname
> (somehost.somedomain) instead localhost.

I now tryed with telnet -a -x -f hostname and see the output:

$ telnet -a -x -f hostname
Trying x.x.x.x...
Connected to hostname.domain.com (x.x.x.x).
Escape character is '^]'.
Waiting for encryption to be negotiated...

Authentication negotation has failed, which is required for
encryption.  Good bye.

Any ideas ?