krb1.2.3 on win2k using win2k active directory

David Bailey D.Bailey at Bristol.ac.uk
Tue Mar 19 05:08:37 EST 2002

Hi,

I've checked the times on both machines - all OK, in fact they're both
synchronised from the same time server. The DC I'm trying to authenticate
against is Win2k Server SP2, so that should have 128 bit encryption enabled
by default. The kerberos release was built on an SP2 machine with the latest
SDK, so there shouldn't be any mismatches I hope.

The only thing that might be causing a problem (although I don't know why)
is that the domain is operating in mixed mode (i.e. supporting NT4 clients
too).

I'm going to go build a test domain with a spare machine or two and try
again there. At least I'll be able to completely destroy it without bringing
the campus domain down...

Will keep the group posted...

Cheers,
    Dave