Using GSS-API in Linux kernel

noam rinetzky noamrinetzky at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 04:11:08 EST 2002

Hi

I'm writing a network application in which clients and servers run inside
Linux Kernel. It requires authentication and message integrity. I was
thinking of using Kerberos for authentication and getting the security
services by using gssapi. However It looks like the implementation of gssapi
seems to use "user-land" library and headers such as errno, malloc etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to use gssapi inside the
kernel, and what is required in order to do so.

Thanks in advance,
-noam