Paths in osconf.h

Marcio d'Avila Scheibler marcio at cpd.ufsm.br
Fri Mar 15 15:21:35 EST 2002

I was having problems with kpropd. With help from syslog I've noticed
kpropd was unsuccessfully looking for kdb5_util under /usr/local/share/bin.
In fact, as I usually do with other "autoconfed" packages, I run

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/share --exec-prefix=/usr/local

since manpages and docs under prefix lives usually under /usr/share or
/usr/local/share.

Well, if we look at osconf.h wee see some fragments like:
--
#define KRB5_PATH_LOGIN "@EXEC_PREFIX/sbin/login.krb5"
#define KRB5_PATH_RLOGIN "@EXEC_PREFIX/bin/rlogin

Shouldn't the last two lines above use @EXEC_PREFIX
just like the first two do ? Or is there any special
reason they are just like that ?

Thanks in advance...

Marcio d'Avila Scheibler - Divisao de Suporte (marcio at cpd.ufsm.br)
Centro de Processamento de Dados - Campus Universitario - CEP 97105-900
Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - RS - Brasil