Mutual authentication and delegation

David Lawler Christiansen (NT) DAVIDCHR at windows.microsoft.com
Fri Mar 8 17:04:39 EST 2002

This is mentioned briefly in the third paragraph of
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netdir/
ad/about_mutual_authentication_using_kerberos.asp

Put simply, delegating to a server is a dangerous business.  We require
MUTUAL_AUTH to ensure that you're really delegating to the correct,
intended entity.

-----
This message or posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
Any opinions or policies stated within are my own and do not necessarily
constitute those of my employer.
Harvesting of this address for purposes of bulk email (including "spam")
is prohibited unless by my expressed prior request.  I retaliate
viciously against spammers and spam sites.