File Services

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 18 10:20:46 EDT 2002

>>>>> "klaas" == klaas hagemann <klaas at northsailor.de> writes:

    klaas> The main reason is, that we need mutliple shares beeing
    klaas> configured in an ldap directory.  So we will have shares
    klaas> depending on the user, on the group and the location, where
    klaas> the user logs in.  So you should have entries in your
    klaas> directory, which shares each person should get mounted. To
    klaas> the others, he should not even get access.  But i haven't
    klaas> tested nfsv4 totally up to now, but maby someone knows,
    klaas> whether nfsv4 or any other file service offers this
    klaas> feature?

No, not without a link between the filesystem on the server side and
the LDAP directory.

Most filesystems will treat what to mount at login separately from
filesystem authorization.