How to add /etc/krb5.keytab

Fozia Zaidi zaidif786 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 11:50:20 EDT 2002

I'm a Kerberos Newbie and have been attempting to install and
configure MIT Kerberos V. I followed the MIT Kerb documentation for
installation, and Administrator and am also referencing the Kerberos
FAQ at http://www.nrl.navy.mil/CCS/people/kenh/kerberos-faq.html

I have a kerberos server daemon running on one machine, now on the
client when I try to execute a kerberized client like ftp, I get the
error "No such file or directory", the FAQ says I need to  have a
keytab for this service created. And that I need a keytab in
/etc/krb5.keytab .
I'm confused about how to set this up, as all the documentation talks
about using kadmin to create a kadm5.keytab via the ktadd command.

How do I create t his /etc/krb5.keytab and what should I put as it's
password?

Thanks,

Fozia