Few quick questions

Monica Lau mllau2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 13:12:09 EDT 2002

Hi all,
I'm very new to Kerberos, and I have some general questions below.  Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time and help!
1. In the krb5.conf file, I can specify the clock skew and ticket lifetime times.  If I want to change these values after the kdc is already running, do I need to restart the kdc?  Ithere some way that the kdc would read these values dynamically and take note of these changes?
2. Can slave KDC propagate its database back to the master KDC?  Let's say that the master KDC goes down and the administrator makes changes to the slave KDC database.  Now before we restart the master KDC, we want to update its database with the changes.  Is it possible for slave KDC to propagate its database back to master?

3. How do I set the KDC time?  Is there some kadmin options to do this?

Thanks,

Monica