help.....krb5 on aix 51L

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 26 13:12:56 EDT 2002

Dan Million <lio at hpss1.ccs.ornl.gov> writes:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Isabelle Doran wrote:
>> I installed my source files under /usr/local/krb5_125.
>>
>> In /usr/local/krb5_125/src/lib/Makefile, I couln't find MY_SUBDIRS but
>> instead I found....
>>
>>         SUBDIRS = krb5 kdb des425 crypto gssapi krb4 kdb4 kadm
>
> This is weird.  My src/lib/Makefile contains this:
>
>     MY_SUBDIRS=crypto krb5 des425  krb5util kdb gssapi rpc kadm5
>
> It almost sounds like we are building from different distributions.

Definitely.  The support for building the kdb4 subdirectory from this
level was deleted in 1996, before the 1.0.x branch was started; kadm
was removed later.

Isabelle, where did you get this source tree from?

>> I agree with you that my "main" problem is ...why is it compiling krb4
>> stuff.
>> klog.c is located under the /usr/local/krb5_125/src/kerberosIV/ directory.

Not in the 1.2.5 distribution.

In fact, I can't find a trace of a kerberosIV directory directly under
the src directory in our CVS history at all.

Ken