help.....krb5 on aix 51L

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 25 15:03:20 EDT 2002

Isabelle Doran <ihdoran at omnisig.com> writes:
> I did reconfigure with cc.
> Let me test it with your options and I will get back to you
>
> Dan Million wrote:
>> I use:  configure --with-cc=cc --with-ccopts="-O" \
>>                 --without-krb4 --without-tcl \
>>                 --disable-shared

Note that when you reconfigure with different options, you should do
it in a new, empty build tree, or at least get rid of config.cache,
which caches system configuration information looked up under the
previous configuration.  If the choice of compiler is making a
difference (and from your first message I'd say gcc is breaking a test
for the header file containing "struct tm", which could be a gcc bug
or a broken installation of it), you really want to throw away those
old results.

Our AIX box here is offline at the moment (some sort of boot-time
problem we haven't fixed yet), but it's running 4.3.3 anyways, so the
fact that I've successfully built krb5 on it wouldn't mean much.

I'm also a little confused why it would be building the krb4 library
if you indicated "--without-krb4" at configure time.  If you look for
MY_SUBDIRS in lib/Makefile, and "grep -i krb4" in the top-level
config.status, what do you find?

Ken